Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Melinda W.'s story

Let me start out by saying "WOW", the LORD is so AWESOME!!! Two and a half years ago, God blessed us with the most beautiful gift we could ever receive—when our son was born.

He is without a doubt a Miracle Baby, and this group helped get us through! I believe the Lord wants to give you the desires of your heart, and believe me He did for us. We went through quite a journey, and faced multiple challenges.

I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and never ovulated correctly, and I found out during this journey that I also had issues with my thyroid gland. It seems like it was just one problem after another, as we struggled to become parents. I was really starting to give up hope, until my dear friend Lisa told me about this amazing prayer group! Karen Cross, the minister who led the group, helped teach me about a personal relationship with God.

We talked and prayed about what God wanted from us, and all that He wanted to give us! During prayer group, we prayed for peace, direction and healing for every issue that came along. One week, it would be hormone issues; another week it was a thyroid imbalance. But no matter what the problem, we would pray, and it would get better (and I do mean better!). As we approached the time for our IVF, I was told that my thyroid levels were too low, and that I might as well not even try to get pregnant until the doctors could stabilize my levels with medication. They said this could take a few months! I was so disappointed, because I really felt it was time to move forward. So, I went to prayer group the Sunday before the next thyroid test, which was scheduled for Monday. We knew that the next day we would have to make a decision whether to move forward, and that if the thyroid levels weren’t better, we would have to reschedule. Karen said that “God was bigger than any thyroid problem,” and we prayed for my body to be whole and healed.

Well, I went to the doctor the next day, after only being on the thyroid medicine for two days, and my thyroid levels were PERFECT. I mean PERFECT!!! The doctors were all amazed, and so was I. God had given us a true miracle! We proceeded with the IVF, and that was the cycle that my precious son was conceived. And to think, had we not prayed for healing, we would have skipped that month. WOW!!! The LORD works in His own time, and it was perfect! He knew exactly when He wanted me to get pregnant and when He wanted my son to join us on this earth. That is almost too AMAZING to think about. It had to be that baby--- At that time!!!! PRAISE the LORD!!! I couldn't stop thanking the Lord, and I still can't stop thanking Him even now!!! He is so Good!!! I hope my story inspires you to never give up and to believe in the power of the LORD!

SOURCE: miraclemothers.org

No comments: